Who should attend!
- Transport engineers,
- Structural engineers and designers working at yards from where structures are to be transported overseas.
- Barge operators,
- Heavy transport supervisors and specialists,
- Marine Warranty Surveyors,
- Heavy lift vessel managers and Project cargo coordinators and managers,
- HVL and barge fleet owners,
- Companies entering the heavy transport market,
- Heavy lifting companies enlarging their portfolio with offshore transportation,
- Port authorities,
- Shipping directorate personnel,
- Shipping class personnel.
It is mandatory for ships carrying cargo units to have a Cargo Securing Manual (CSM) on board. The Code of Safe Practice for Cargo Stowage and Securing (CSS Code) provides an international standard to promote the safe stowage and securing of cargoes.
For tug-barge combinations, it is highly recommended to go through the same process to improve the transport’s safety and reduce the cost and time for seafastenings.
This course is designed to learn engineers and organizations involved in ship and barge transports, how to make a cargo securing manual.